Thursday, May 15, 2014

Of Chiropractors

  My mom hooked me up with an appointment to go see this chiropractor/manual therapist yesterday. Of course, I was late because I got off on a wrong stop and couldn't figure out where the entrance of the building was.
  Finally when in his cabinet (?) he asked me to take my shirt off. OK... Him and this other sporty looking dude proceeded to examine my spine and push my vertebrae into new places while casually exchanging phrases like, "Look, they are being submissive. Yes, but the tendons won't hold. Look at this muscle - it's almost gone".
  He did show me exercises and stretches to do and quickly dismissed all of the ones that were recommended to me by the "Americans". He said if I wanted to keep walking (dear sweet Jesus!), I should follow his advice and forget the "Americans".
  Oh yeah, and VODKA. Take that, ice packs and heating pads - VODKA!!! :))))

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, forget everything the Americans have told you. Nobody can walk there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)I do recall various ailments and illnesses being cured using vodka... but that was 20 years ago! :)

      Delete