Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Of Vacuums

So... Yesterday was another crazy day on this weird planet. A friend of mine drove me back to the place I bought the vacuum cleaner from 5 days ago. It was raining and we witnessed the most awesome rainbow I have ever seen in my life.
I waltzed into the store with my receipt, unopened box and a smile on my face. Easy return procedure, who hasn't done it before, right? OMG. 
Me: Hi. I just want to return this.
Inese (That's what her tag said): What is wrong with it?
Me: Nothing.  My mom just doesn't want it. I haven't even opened it yet. I have a receipt too. 
Inese (counting cash in the drawer, no eye contact whatsoever): Who told you you can bring it back?
Me: Well, the girl that was here that day. I haven't even opened it. I have a receipt and all...
Inese: What was the cashier's name?
Me: I don't remember...
Inese: Well, find out her name, contact her and she can pay you back herself.
Me: ..................
Wtf. I have never been treated like that by the person who is on the other side of the counter. I was so shocked that my usual snappish comments evaporated and I just felt sad and used. I wonder how many days it will take me to completely erase the smile off my face forever. 3? 4?



6 comments:

  1. Patiesību sakot, saskaņā ar patērētāju tiesību aizsardzības likumu, tev ir tiesības atgriezt preci 14 dienu laikā. Ja veikala darbinieks atsakās to pieņemt, tev nekavējoties vajadzētu sazināties ar Patērētāju Tiesību Aizsardzības Centru: http://www.ptac.gov.lv/page/211 Šie pārbaudīs incidentu un visdrīzāk, ka sodīs veikala īpašniekus. Lai veicās! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In LV you won't see rainbow so often... Like in Ireland I mean... But that shop... You have all rights to do return in 14 days... You need to complain... Can't believe that there is still shops like that in Latvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have contacted the Department. We'll see how it goes. :)))

    ReplyDelete