Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Of Dirty Money

First of all, here are some pics from last Saturday. Jan and Göran Rygert were in town for the day, so we met up and had a wonderful time. It started with vodka. It ended the same way. Just your usual BDAA style. :)))
Apparently, one of these huge snails that are all over Riga has "moved" on them when they walked back from the restaurant the night before. I still have no idea what they are representing. Painted cows in Madison made sense. Snails here? Hmm. Maybe. And Jan had enough of seeing amber. We wandered around shouting "Snail Alert!" and "Amber Alert!" :)
At their cozy little cottage.
Beautiful sunset...


Well, that was Saturday and I was bawling in a cab all the way home...




...Back to business. For the ones of you that are aware of my "vacuum disaster" - I haven't heard from the BusyGovermentPlace yet, however the regional manager of the store has contacted me. I will not get the actual money back, but they are agreeing on giving me their gift card. But of course, I need my passport for that :)))
  And today has presented another clash of expectations: I went to one of those currency exchange places. I have some dollars left in my wallet from the trip but can't go to an actual bank yet until I have my passport handy. The lady behind the glass looked like she was having the worst day of her life. And I got scolded again! For assuming that it is OK to expect them to take "dirty" and "crumpled" bills. Slap! :)
"Dirty money" :))

4 comments:

  1. How dare you try to exchange such filthy and wrinkled money. I fully understand the dilemma. Next time wash and iron the bills before you expect others to handle them!!! :)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the owner of the store got in touch! Now you can buy more 'gifts' you don't want ;)
    And I have no idea what those snails are about either! Fugly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try and spend some of that 'dirty money' now that I'm back in the states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can! I was told by the first place that some of the bills shouldn't be in the circulation. :)) I wonder what they would say to "Where is George" stamp all over the bill.

      Delete